View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 01:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
turbodog
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
turbodog is on a distinguished road
Default Scosche adapter pin relocation

I've seen this issue in a few threads, with never a conclusion posted. So, having just installed my Pioneer HU, I thought I would post this info:
The Scosche adapter has several pins which do us (base stereo) folks no good, and is missing pins that needed (for steering wheel control lines). The question has been asked "can I relocate an un-used pin to a location where I need one?"

And the answer is 'yes'. The blue, orn/blk, and rear speaker connector pins can all be removed, since there are no corresponding contacts in the base stereo wiring connector. You do this by sticking a small, stiff object into the rectangular 'slot' above the pin you want to remove (look into the 'pin' end of the connector). That pushes down on the retainer, and you can pull the pin and wire out the back. I tried an exacto knife blade, but it did not work. I ended up using (and ruining in the process) a nice pair of surgical-grade tweezers. I'm sure a jeweler's screwdriver would probably work.

Then simply slide 3 of the pins you removed into the empty holes at positions 6, 15 and 16. Now you can hook up the steering wheel adapter without hacking into the factory harness.

Apologies in advance if this was already posted... If so, I couldn't find it....
turbodog is offline   Reply With Quote