View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 01:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
chops
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkJon34 View Post
They were not an early build, the last one I had was from less then a year ago. I switched to the V1 through recommendations from friends that have them, and I couldnt be happier. Sure the red light camera thing was kinda cool, but when are you really gonna run a red light anyway? "Just sayin"
thats understandable. not all units function correctly. i guess i have been lucky! anyway..the purpose for the red light function isnt to evade the camera and run one. for me...there are no red light cameras in my home city, however if i travel to any of the surrounding cities (within 5-20min away) they are at nearly every intersection. the problem with these cameras that ive noticed...the yellow light goes by QUICK.

therefore, in my home city, if i come upon a yellow light and i believe i have time to make it, ill go for it - i believe the law is so long as your the rear most part of your vehicle is past the line before the light turns red you are fine. however! the red light cameras in other surrounding cities have made it so its basically: green - go; yellow - STOP; red - make sure you're stopped and not past the line. whenever i get the alert that there's a red light camera at the intersection, i wont even take my chances...its green or bust. i will sit at the intersection if its yellow. red light cameras aren't about safety nowadays, its more about extra revenue for the city.
chops is offline   Reply With Quote