View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #2440 (permalink)
toner123
Track Member

Drives: TT 370z Touring/SP
toner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to toner123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboy View Post
Air, like most things, doesn't like to go around bends. Air flow will be higher at the "outside" of the bend. With the split of the pipes before the throttle bodies, I suspect more air will flow through the pipe closest to the firewall as the airflow doesn't have to "turn" as much.

This is an exaggerated illustration, with an abrupt 90 deg bend but it shows the general idea.
Yes I understand this. Air is like anything else it is going to take the path of least resistance. But if you look at the design of the two tubes. there is no sharp bends and it might divide easily believe it or not.the resistance on the two tubes looks about the same other then the one tube is a little longer and i can see that might cause issues but the shorter tube bend comes first so it might equal out. My point being is that it is worth a try if people aren't satisfied with the draw through. Also it is not that hard to do. I already thought about how to do it with weiboy. Now the only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that stillen did this design because the NISSAN engineers said this is how it should be done. Not like they did this because it was a short cut. Also to my understanding this is how the GTR system works also, so why isn't that car having maf sensor location problems? These are general questions I was just thinking about.

Josh or Kyle I know what you guys think about the draw through maf sensors but do you think it is possible to make a proto-type tube that mounts the two maf sensors after the blower and see how the kit performs. I am almost positive weiboy will have no problem being your tester. Hell I will help pay for it if it will settle people down.
Frank

Last edited by toner123; 12-07-2010 at 11:44 AM.
toner123 is offline   Reply With Quote