View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #748 (permalink)
Jon@AAMComp
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z
Jon@AAMComp will become famous soon enoughJon@AAMComp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
Well it doesn't help that the Skins have horrible management. I at least thing that given some time and stability they can at least build from here. McNabb is pretty effective if you give him a solid offensive line, but right now there are so many injuries and overall just a lot of poor play. I think a lot of people thought that things would turn around right away but it doesn't happen that way.

And their record would probably have 2-3 more wins this year if it weren't for a handful of stupid plays/mistakes.
Basically. It's been the same story every year. Bruce Allen was supposed to change things, but it looks like the same old song. The franchise lost it's identity after Gibbs era 1.0 and Jack Kent Cooke passed away, and when the Snyder era began. The 'hogs' died a long time ago. The era of players like Russ Grimm, Jeff Bostic, Joe Jacoby and all those guys is long gone. It may surprise people, but the Skins of old used to look a lot like modern day Steelers. Hard defense, solid, tough running game, and a constant deep threat.

There's no pride for the team anymore. Most players come here to play because they know they can get a fat easy check. Look at Buttersworth. They guy doesn't practice because he's not feeling well? And he was inactive because he was limited in practice?? wtf. I just watched the most heroic performance by ANY NFL player I've seen in a while on Sunday night. Ben Roethlisberger play the toughest defense in the NFL with a broken foot AND a broken nose. He could have easily sat out of that game because of his foot but he wanted to play. Despite the controversy, Big Ben has heart and plays because he knows he gives his team the best chance to win games. That team, like Baltimore, plays for each other and the pride of their city. While we have players like Albert Buttersworth falling over writhing in pain every other play because his toe hurts. Give me a break. I see some players on this team playing with heart, but the list is very short. I guess its true what they say, it all starts at the top.

/rant
Jon@AAMComp is offline   Reply With Quote