View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #68 (permalink)
Darkaeon
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Silver/AT
Darkaeon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phimosis View Post
Hi. Nice to meet you. Could we start over without you flaming me? I'm an experienced racer. No, I'm not the fastest. If I were, I would race for a living. I live in a hot area with low humidity and track times tend to be slow (DA calculations run around 2500-3500). I objectively state the facts and make suggestions to help move this community forward. We have a lot of people speculating on how fast their 370z is. They are currently not that fast with the mods on the market, but not many people are taking their car to the track, or they are not posting their time slips for fear of being mocked. I'm simply trying to get more people to take their car to the track rather than playing arm-chair quarterback.

The fastest time I have seen posted for a 370z with no modifications is 13.36 seconds and the fastest time that I have seen for any 370z at any level of modification is 13.21 seconds from our own "ZforMe", but his DA calculation was -565, which is going to produce a very fast time.

So even with mods and very favorable track conditions, the 370z is only hitting 13.2 second quarter mile times. That is why I said I think it's going to take a set of drag radials to get into the 12's.

If you disagree, prove me wrong.
Actually I posted multiple 13.2s splits with nothing more than the Stillen G3 intake on my 7AT base and this was on the track in Fayetteville, NC which is notorious for being a slow track due to it being slightly uphill and terrible 60 ft traction. I rarely ever had tire spin probs and was seeing constant 1.9 - 2.0 60 ft times.

As it stands now, I just moved back to Texas and am home visiting in Houston so I plan to try and make it out to Houston Raceway Park this friday night June 5th to see if I can lay down some better times. I would love to get some of you other houston guys out there this friday, PM me on here and maybe we can arrange a meet up out there or something.
Darkaeon is offline   Reply With Quote