View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nismoracer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nismo
Nismoracer is on a distinguished road
Default Nismo Oil Change

Did my first oil change with my homemade ramps. A little cramped but still able to do the oil change with no problems. Just thought I would mention that you can just remove the 4 bolts on the back end of the plastic piece to reach the drain bolt and filter. It has a crease and you can bend it down instead of taking off the entire plastic under cover. There is a great DIY oil change on this site that was very helpful. The Nismo plastic under cover is different than the one on the regular 370Z's and to take it off I think is a little more work than the regular Z. The filter is smaller than what goes on my bike. It's on tight but just put a laytex glove over it for added grip and then use a filter wrench. It loosens it up didn't have to use the screwdriver. The capacity is 5.2 quarts but you should put 4 quarts then check and add. I put in 5 quarts thinking I had enough room to check and add but had to suck out almost a quart cuz it was too much. The engine is so much quieter now. What do they use from the factory.
Nismoracer is offline   Reply With Quote