View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
chops
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute

you can honestly HARDLY tell its there. i had to squat down to take the pics...else you cant really see it since it blends into the shadows pretty well.

as for the lines, yes they are pretty damn accurate; i had my friend walk upto it while i was sitting inside to judge the distance. red was about 1foot away from his legs while yellow was a few feet. all you need to know is that red is about a foot away to judge things though.

they actually sell these cameras on ebay but they are way overpriced, shipped in a few weeks from china (i found it on my350z.com and people said it took upto a month to receive) and dont have guidelines with the CCD sensor. i actually found a chinese manufacturer to customize it for me. it has a 1/3 sony CCD sensor, rear guidelines and is NTSC compatible. CMOS sensors overheat relatively quickly, so if you were to leave it on while driving, (as the pioneer nav's allow) it would overheat and become useless after 30min or so. also, night vision is pretty damn good compared to a CMOS sensor. it is comparable to my the is250's stock rear camera (only other car in my garage i can compare it to).

if there was enough interest i could possibly pay the forum fee and start a group buy, but otherwise it was hard enough to get the company to customize and ship me just one unit

Last edited by chops; 12-06-2010 at 07:37 PM.
chops is offline   Reply With Quote