View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #380 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxik View Post
Really Jeff? I was just looking at that stuff, well just the sealant really? Are all 3 worth it? What method of application did you use? Applicator pads or a buffer? Let me know!
i used the Portercable 7424xp.
this kit has everything you need except clay. I'm really happy with the products. The kit comes with all the pads, the 2 polishes, detail spray, and the sealant as well as the porter cable itself. I'm happy with the variety in the kit. The swirl remover is very good for removing (duh) swirls, but if you have just VERY light little paint scuffs that you want touch up, i found that after washing, you can just spot clay, use the finishing glaze it gets rid of a lot of stuff. the finishing glaze is basically just a pretty non-abrasive polish.

this is the exact kit i got, and i'm really really happy with it. its great for anything from just touching up a scuff here and there or a full swirl removal. let me know if you have any questions.

Wolfgang Porter Cable 7424 Swirl-Free Kit

that kit also comes with a DVD of how to use each of the polishes/pads with the pc.

and as far as the sealant is concerned, water was still beading heavily on my car even 6 months after my car was detailed (right when i got the car)
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote