View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #456 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismoracer View Post
I just did my first oil change. Used my homemade ramps best $50 I ever spent. Undid the 4 bolts in the back and just bent the plastic piece ( has crease meant for that ). Filter was a little tight but I just put a laytex glove over the filter for added grip and it came off. Didn't have to use a screwdriver. I read in the owners manual that the capacity is 5.2 quarts. I put in 5 quarts and it reads high. I know some of the old oil is still going to remain in the engine but how much should I have put in? I thought I would be safe with 5 quarts. But its high, right at the high mark. Should only 4.5 quarts go in during an oil change ? I gotta take some out tomorrow, wonder how much. And the filter is tiny! my motorcycle filter is bigger.
Can you post a picture of your homemade ramp? The amount of oil left in the system MAY depend on that. I can ALWAYS put 5 quart without any issue. I never tried to put 5 1/8 because I do know that a VERY small amount is left in the system due to incline.
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote