View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
DannyGT
Track Member

Drives: 370Z (SOLD)
DannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond repute

I have removed my berk test pipes for those very reasons....that 'rasp' sounded completely retarded and sounded more like a 'rattle' and if you downshifted anywhere under 3k you would get the rattle noise during a downshift and there was nothing about it that sounded refined or even MEAN....if it sounded mean I would have been OK...But when you downshift and you hear that cackle rattle - the car sounded like **** to be frank.

With the resonated test pipes I basically get the same exhaust note, with 70-90% less rasp/cackle/rattle, whatever...

EDIT: I must say tho, I thru a CEL with the berk test pipes after about 100 miles and then after another 100 miles the CEL went off and NEVER returned. I had driven it for ~2500 miles after that! I thought that was important to share!

Last edited by DannyGT; 06-03-2009 at 01:46 PM.
DannyGT is offline   Reply With Quote