View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
jmlenz
Track Member

Drives: a car
jmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Traction Control NOT defeatable on 7AT!?!?

I came across this review on leftlanenews.com that kinda shocked me. It appears they reviewed a 7AT touring non-sport. They said that despite turning off the vdc/traction control the engine still cut power and they couldnt break the rear wheels? here is the quote -->
"In a sense, this 370Z is supposed to be Nissan’s Mustang. That means the Nissan needs to be able to do a huge, smoky burnout. Just one problem – it can’t. We tried. The traction control was off, but apparently “off” is a relative term with the automatic transmission model. Even with the electronic nannies turned off, the computer controlling the motor will still cut the power off at the first hint of wheel spin. It’s a result that left a colleague and I sitting in an empty industrial park with a cabin filled of disbelief rather than smoke. In fact, in several conditions, we found the traction control overbearing, stepping in when we’d have rather it didn’t."

Now I know the base 370 that they reviewed does not have the LSD but it should still be able to do one-wheeled burnouts right? I have the 6MT and when I turn off the VDC it is OFF! Can any 7AT owner comment on this?

Quick Spin: 2009 Nissan 370Z Touring automatic [Review]
jmlenz is offline   Reply With Quote