View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 02:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jon@AAMComp
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z
Jon@AAMComp will become famous soon enoughJon@AAMComp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisuke149 View Post
damn i thought I'd seen Jon's car there.
We'll get him in here sooner or later, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cell View Post
I was wondering, did you discuss with your customer about the different TT kit options he had? I wanted to know why he chose Greddy over GTM considering they cost about the same. Or was it because he doesn't know about GTM? From what I read, on one of the threads here comparing GTM and Greddy, the GTM kit is better. So, why Greddy and not GTM?

I am not trying to start a Greddy vs GTM war here, I was just wondering what some people's opinions and thoughts were by choosing Greddy over GTM.
It's hard to say if one kit is outright better than the other, as both Greddy and GTM make great Twin Turbo packages. The Greddy 20G Kit is great right off the shelf, and we've had good experiences with it in the past with VQ35DE and HR engines. We haven't had as much experience with GTM kits, but based on what we've seen, it looks like their product is very well made and capable of supporting huge amounts of power, just like Greddy's. With that being said, yes, the customer was aware of the other forced induction options on the market, but decided for his vehicles, the Greddy Twin Turbo kit would be the best alternative.

At our shop, we don't bash one brand's product versus another, but offer our advice while encouraging the customer to do independent research to make an informed decision. Ultimately, it's all about making them happy with the products they want on their car. Whether it be our own product line, GTM, HKS or Greddy, we're in the business of building cars the way customers envision it.

Hope this helps.

-Jon
Jon@AAMComp is offline   Reply With Quote