Thread: System Pricing
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 10:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
chops
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EValentin1 View Post
whoops i misread the quote they gave. i put down the price before they discounted it. should just be $549 for the amp and $225 for the install. but still not the best. like you all have been saying im definetly going to search around for shops and see what they can all put together. im really not one to make a decision on dropping a few grand at the first place i find!

what do you suggest? or what have you had good experience with?
ive only used budget $100-150 components in my previous cars, havent dove into the Z's speakers yet...slowly working on that, but ive heard nothing but good things about these:

CTX65CS - Image Dynamics 6.5" Component Speaker System

id also completely ditch any rear speakers you were planning. they're worthless and the sound stage wont benefit any with tiny rear speakers. oh and..i dont know why they're charging you so much for interconnects. its just a fancy way of saying RCA cables...and even (good) shielded RCA cables should NOT cost that much. hell..checkout these from monoprice:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

another point, you shouldnt be paying 60 dollars for an ipod cable...unless they're charging you "MSRP". no one in the audio world should be paying MSRP as the markup is HUGE. if your shop wont cut you any discounts, id suggest you go somewhere else with a good reputation. pioneer's website even sells the necessary ipod cable for $45...

Last edited by chops; 12-06-2010 at 10:28 AM.
chops is offline   Reply With Quote