View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 10:08 AM   #2424 (permalink)
Nixlimited
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R / 11 Prius
Nixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staples View Post
It's the other way around. Drawn through is before the supercharger, blown through is after the supercharger before the throttle-body (Stillen = Drawn, GTM = Blown).
That's what I said regarding position--blow-through is after the compressor. However, I did not know that Stillen was draw-through. That may be part of the problem. If the IAT readings are way off then it would not surprise me if there were idle issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37Sam View Post
From what I know, and correct me if I'm wrong please, MAP sensors' reposnse are more linear and can cover a wider range than a typical MAF sensor.

A MAP sensor also does not depend on orientation nor will obstruct flow, whereas in a MAF sensor, its placement and orientation is very crucial
That's right. What would be nice is to take the IAT from the MAF along with a MAP meter and black-box it so that we got an equivalent 5V output which could be fed back to the ECU as a surrogate MAF reading i.e. spoof the MAF voltage using a MAP and IAT sensor. I imagine it would take quite a bit of mapping to get right, but getting rid of the MAF sensor would save a lot of headaches.

Last edited by Nixlimited; 12-06-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Nixlimited is offline   Reply With Quote