Thread: New or used?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 08:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
ClemsonWill
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a Civic VP!
ClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ClemsonWill

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveg78 View Post
Props for your service bud. I say consider these thoughts:

How long do you intend to keep the car?
Are you going to mod it?
Is i going to be your primary car?
Can you afford to take the hit if you bought new?

If you intend to keep the car for a long time, I would buy new.
If you're looking to mod, and keep for a few yrs, maybe just buy used.
DD - refer to my first question...
If you can afford to buy new, I say do it. Nothing like being the first one to fart in your own seat and especially after your deployment All kidding aside, chances are if you buy used it's been beaten a little. And depending on the previous owner it could be a little more than you would think... Just search youtube for 370Z and take a look. Some downright idiots out there beating the piss outta their cars...
Steveg makes great points. I tend to keep my cars for long periods of time and I'm very maticulous when it comes to cleanliness and maintenance. It's all about your personal preference. To some it is worth spending the extra money and to some it is not.