View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 07:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Tray@Forged
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 05 Infiniti FX35,
Tray@Forged is on a distinguished road

Alright, it's time to reveal the braking package. The guys have volunteered to come in on Saturday and install these bad boys so I should have the install pics up by Monday.

StopTech is a company that needs no introduction, but I will give one anyways. We first met them back in 2003 and immediately sensed their passion for all things related to performance vehicle braking systems. They are enthusiasts, just like all of us. Their brakes have been used on countless track, and daily driven vehicles, and are the stoppers used by many teams in World Challenge, Grand Am, Time Attack, and many other professional motorsports organizations.

They are constantly testing, and improving their products and we've been with them every step of the way. Ask any good race car driver what the MOST important element of a good track car is. Universally, the answer is a strong and consistent braking system. Nothing is more confident inspiring that an amazing set of brakes that can haul a vehicle down from 150mph+ down to 50mph in just a couple of seconds. Without 110% confidence in our brakes, our lap times would suffer dramatically. I'd gladly take improved braking power and feel over 50whp any day of the week.

During my baseline laps at Road Atlanta, the OEM brakes were horribly soft, inconsistent, and confidence eroding which is exactly the opposite of what we want in a performance car. I just never knew what I was going to get when I dipped into the brakes. Of course, the OEM pads, lines, and rotors were never designed for the abuse I gave them and they gave the best they could. Because our STi project car is destined for more weekend track fun, it made perfect sense to install StopTech's largest big brake kit which features a 6 piston front caliper with 355mm rotor, and a 2 Piston rear caliper with 345mm rotor. We selected a set of Carbotech XP10's all around which should compliment our tires, weight, and suspension choices nicely.

This is a complete bolt on solution, that includes all the lines, brackets, calipers, rotors, nuts bolts, and so on...install takes about 4-5 hrs including removing all the old parts, and bleeding the braking system.

We'll keep you posted as the install takes place this weekend.

Tray@Forged is offline   Reply With Quote