View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #601 (permalink)
SoCal 370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

My concern is that Southern California has not yet hit its hot season. To me this will be the real test in real-world stop-n-go situations. I have not reached the level of comfort that this issue is over.

I have looked at the engine oil lubrication diagram in the Nissan 370Z Service Manual and it looks like (although I have not substantiated this) the oil temperature sending unit is taking its reading off the oil pulled for the oil pan. My concern is that the VVEL top-end is where the oil gets the hottest and pushed to its limits, and where a better oil temperature reading would be beneficial.