View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 06:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_taba85 View Post
Hello my name is Mark.

I am currently deployed in Afghanistan with the 101st ABN DIV from Ft Campbell and I am interested in buying a 370Z when I get back. I am stuck between Base/sports or touring/sports package.

It all started when a lot of soldiers around me were looking at cars. So I decided to look at some too. When my wife moves with me when I get back I have to get her a car so I asked her what car she wanted. She wanted a jeep or a mustang. I've been around import cars when I was growing up so I told her we have to get an import. We have no kids, so to enjoy things I became interested in the Z.

Unfortunately, the pathetic thing is that I can don't drive manual. I've never owned nor has my family owned a manual vehicle. I understand the concept, but never got used to it, so I am looking at getting an auto transmission vehicle. *don't bash me*

It looks like a lot of people are getting the base/touring with carpeted mats and the painted splash guard. I am new to this Z scene or even the modding scene. So please enlighten me. I do not plan to do any or much mods.

I'd appreciate your opinions!

First of, thanks for your service and stay safe over there.

Imo, I'd go with the touring/sport pkg. Esp if you aren't going to mod it much. You'll get the nice power, heated leather seats, if you go with the nav, it's a very nice unit and for '11, you'll get the backup camera too. The 7sp auto tranny is a very good auto, but you could always learn to drive stick too, it's not that hard, but either way, you'll be happy with either type of Z. Good luck w/your decision.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote