Thread: Roadster
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #31 (permalink)
Lug
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2006 350Z
Lug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Nash View Post
But which version of convertible and which version of coupe?

Whether it's Edmunds or some other source, without knowing exactly what equipment was on each of the two different models (that generated the two weights you mention above), there is no way to tell how exactly how much weight difference the convertible top actually makes between the two vehicles.

For example, if you had a loaded coupe (all the bells and whistles) compared to a stripped-down (manual top) convertible then you can't say that the only difference in weight between the two vehicles is that one is a coupe and one is a convertible.

I guess what I'm saying is that I suspect the real weight difference is more than just 30 lbs but hey, I could be wrong!
That was base coupe to base convertible. They also list the Z06 at a different weight (3162). The weight is so close because the Vette frame is designed from the ground up as a convertible and the coupe just adds a roof (targa top). The roof adds a little support (I assume since the Z06 does not have targa option) but nothing like most convertible conversions.