View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
JMac88
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 PW 370z
JMac88 will become famous soon enoughJMac88 will become famous soon enough
Default Real Time Scanning, Code Clearing, Performance Monitoring, Aeroforce Scan Gauge Part2

I was hoping to have pictures of this in the dash before doing this new post but unfortunately my installer has been way to busy. This update is in a new thread to get all the information in one post, but also to try and get more support for the gauge. I am hoping the more descriptive title will attract more attention.

The Aeroforce gauge is an all in one gauge. I have been using them on all my cars for a while, and when I found out that they started supporting Nissan vehicles i jumped all over it. Its very easy to install. It gathers all the information and power from a single connection to your OBD2 Port. The OBD2 port will support up to 3 gauges which works perfect for the 370z.

Below is a list of parameters that have been tested and working on our cars.

WIDEBAND A/F RATIO – Taken from factory wideband O2 sensors
INTAKE AIR- Intake Air Temperature
COOLANT TEMP- Engine Coolant Temperature
INTAKE VALVE TIMING - valve timing in degrees
RPM- engine Revolutions Per Minute
MAF SENSOR VOLTS - raw voltage of mass air flow sensor
INJECTOR PULSE WIDTH
FUEL TEMPERATURE - measured at the tank
THROTTLE POS PCT- Throttle Position percentage (0-100%)
CATALYTIC CONVERTER TEMP BANK 1
CATALYTIC CONVERTER TEMP BANK 2
IGNITION ADVANCE- ignition timing advance
SHORT TRIM B1-short term fuel trim bank#1
SHORT TRIM B2-short term fuel trim bank#2
LONG TRIM B1-long term fuel trim bank#1
LONG TRIM B2-long term fuel trim bank#2
BATTERY VOLTAGE- Alternator/battery output voltage
ENGINE LOAD-calculated Engine Load (0-100%)
ENGINE RUN TIME - minutes since ignition was turned on
READ AND CLEAR DTC CODES
WARNING LIGHTS - commonly used with RPM for a shift light, but can be used with any of the listed parameters.
PERFORMANCE MONITORING - 0-60 time, 1/8th and 1/4 mile, ect...

There are also 2 ANALOG INPUTS on the back of the gauge. You can attach extra sensors to monitor parameters not scanned by the car. The kits include wideband sensors if you do not trust the factory ones, oil pressure, fuel pressure, boost sensor, EGT kits, temperature sensor kits, and a nitrous sensor.

These parameters were not working when tested on my car.
MAF SENSOR LB/M- Mass Air Flow (lbs/min) (They know its because we have dual mafs. Should not be hard to correct)
AMBIENT AIR TEMP - air temperature before the air filter, may be outside ambient or engine bay temp. (linked to maf sensor)
Miles Per Gallon – instantaneous fuel economy (linked to maf sensor)
Calculated net horsepower (linked to maf sensor)
INJECTOR DUTY CYCLE – 0-100%
TRANSMISSION RATIO - CVT transmission (while these say CVT, may still work with A/T trans)
TORQUE RATIO - CVT transmission
PRIMARY TRANSMISSION OIL PRESSURE
SECONDARY TRANS OIL PRESSURE
TRANS TEMP- Transmission Temperature (gas powered automatics including CVT)
Manual fan control - allows you to turn your fans on while the car is off.

The guys at Aeroforce are looking for are looking for a test car in the North Ridge, OH area. Send me a PM if your interested and I will get you in touch with them.

I also know the pricing they are going to be offering on 3 gauges. Its VERY good. But before i post the price i will need to talk to AK. I know that they would like to become a sponsor for the site, but they would like to see what kind of support they can get for the gauge before they do so as it is pricey to become a vendor. Talked to AK, and got an OK for pricing. $550 for 3 gauges
If you are somewhat interested in a gauge like this for our cars, please post your support. The pricing for what you get is unbeatable.

As a small tribute to the community, they will be programming our "z" logo into the start up screen. Below are pics of the gauge temporarily mounted in my car.

Last edited by JMac88; 12-07-2010 at 09:42 AM.
JMac88 is offline   Reply With Quote