View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 12:52 PM   #23 (permalink)
atropine
Base Member

Drives: 09 6MT Sport/Tour/Nv
atropine is on a distinguished road

I did my first track day in the 370 yesterday at Spring Mountain. Outside temp was about 65-67 degrees. I installed an AE cooler last week, and I was never able to get the oil temp above 220 on the track yesterday. There is some debate going on and some discussion that the true circulating oil temp in the engine is 15-20 degrees higher than what the sensor is reading (after installing a cooler), so my true temp may be closer to 240 max. For spirited daily driving (just in the last week) it is hard to get it above 190 without a cooler cover in place. The cooler works very well, and adds a lot of peace of mind. I also just swapped out front pads (left OEM lines/fluid/rotors/rear pads) per suggestion of another more experienced 370 driver and I gotta tell you it worked great for what I am doing. Takes all of about 10 minutes to swap out front pads with the Akebono Sport brake calipers. The only problem I had was fuel starvation. I did the first 20-min track session with no problem, and made it about 3/4 of the way through the 2nd 20-min session before experiencing fuel starvation. Fortunately it kept running and I took it easy the rest of the lap into the pits. Fuel was about 5 dots below full at that point. Thereafter I topped off the fuel tank in between each session. Kind of annoying to have to run with so much fuel in the tank.
atropine is offline   Reply With Quote