View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 08:54 AM   #18 (permalink)
rreign
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 03 Evo 8
rreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by in.the.dark View Post
No, actually that is not how it works. The syncros were putting in a lot of overtime to keep up with matching the input shaft speed. They simply wore out from the abuse, which they were not designed to take. You can have the same issue in just about any car you do this in. While I'll admit it happened rather quickly on my Z, it was not completely unexpected nor unexplainable.

Hmmm, I posted in a similar thread about this and I have to say it again, skipping gears shouldn't have any adverse effects on your transmission. Maybe, MAYBE, the syncros but not the transmission itself. I have been skipping gears for over the last 9 years in cars from 5spd to 6spd and have never had any issues.
rreign is offline   Reply With Quote