View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
SharpByCoop
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '08 G37S - Graphite
SharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of light
Default New build: GTM TT Stg II • '08 Infiniti G37 5-spd auto • The Shop CT

Hi guys,

Back in August I decided to switch cars. Going from a Subaru STI to the Infiniti G37 Sport with an auto trans.

Some history: I am 57 and have had a bit of drag experience with high-performance vehicles. In 1972 my '68 Camaro went 11's, by 1990 I had over 70 7-second passes on a multiple-record-holding dragbike, and last April we ran 10.8 on my daily driver STI, full weight, pump gas, street tires.

Like you, I like having some 'authority' in my vehicles.

I was drawn to the Infiniti because of the looks, powerplant, auto trans capability, and primarily.... because it has a back seat. Had a 370Z had one, that would have been my choice. (I have to justify my second car with practicality to my wife and eight-yr.-old.)

Anyway after doing the research, I've found my way here and have been lurking since I placed an order for GTM's Stage-I TT kit, a trans kit and cooler, and his 2.5" cat-back exhaust. It was ordered early in the Fall, and Sam has now sent me the tracking number. It's coming soon.

I wanted some custom items: Recirculated Synchronic BOV's (I had enormous success with this on my STI), and as quiet a performance exhaust as could be made. Also a trans mod that can handle this power. My goals are mid 400's whp and stealthy quiet. (This is not a drag vehicle, and the auto will limit it. But, it may see the track sometime.) As you know, Sam is very attentive and meticulous, and was able to fulfill my wishes. He will comment and offer insights I can't.

We will be doing the build up here in the Northeast at The Shop, in Norwalk Ct. The owner and his staff of tuners and techs have worked on every imaginable hi-perf project and he's looking forward to producing this project, with the advice and help from GTM.

I promise this thread to chronicle the build and to learn and share.

Here is a set of shots of my vehicle. I work as a photographer also, so these were fun to produce.

(Canon S90 with a bunch of Photoshop work.)

Thanks for viewing. I'll update as we go.

Jim Cooper

Last edited by SharpByCoop; 03-06-2012 at 05:31 AM.
SharpByCoop is offline   Reply With Quote