View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 06:05 AM   #53 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismoracer View Post
So does this mean the HPS tubes aren't worth it either? Best thing to do is just get some drop in K&Ns. I noticed a difference from just putting in the drop ins especially up top. Seems to breathe better at the higher rpm range as to before it seemed it bottomed out went flat.
At this point, I'd say not really. Honestly, I may eventually just sell mine off.

I found at best a 2-3 whp (i.e., ~1%) gain at peak with evidence of a 2-3 whp loss at other points and no change throughout most of the rev range. Never mind the possiblity that such a small change could be due to measurement error...

That's a dubious endorsement at best...

I'd say, the HPS tubes couldn't hurt, but they won't be much of a help over the K&N drop in's alone either.

On a budget, the K&N panel filters by themselves are definitely the way to go.