View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 05:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyefields View Post
Why not install a Thermostatic Sandwich Plate Conversion Kit. this plate keeps the oil in the engine until it reaches 180 and then opens up to cool above that. I have one installed and it works great. cost is about 150 and mounts between the filter and housing. It also kept me from drilling holes in the oil pan because it is already plumed to open and close by temperature. my 2 cents.
Have one. They bypass about 80% of the oil flow. In 32F or less weather, 20% flow is more than enough to keep the engine temps under 160F at all times. Thermostatic sandwich plates don't cut it in sub-freezing weather.

I'm keeping your two cents too .