View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 09:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
M.Bonanni
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Fast
M.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to M.Bonanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguez View Post
Great post as usual Mike.

Regarding the fuel starvation, what about a surge tank?

Regarding the front camber issue, how could you tell, simply looking at tire wear?

Your car is rapidly becoming the benchmark for product evaluation, and your technically-inclined assessments help a lot, thank you!
Thanks! Yes a fuel surge tank would probably do the trick. As for the camber, I can tell by feel. The front tires would hop during long cornering which is usually an indication that they are rolling over onto the sidewall too much. They would also lose grip much faster than the rears which is another indication that there is too much heat in the part of the tire that is contacting the road. The true way to tell is by taking tire temps, but I didn't bother since I had no adjustment anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
If you stand on the brakes from a 140mph braking down to 40mph the surface of your brake pads could easily hit 1200 degrees, and then quickly drop. The HP+ pads just aren't cut out for that, you need a high temp track pad. Next time you take the wheels off you might want to check the pads and make sure there aren't any cracks from heat fatigue.

Great write up BTW, you would of seriously kicked arse in stock class.
Thanks to you as well! Track pads are definitely a must, but I have to say that I am impressed the HP+ pads took that much of a beating at Buttonwillow and around the rest of the track at Willow Springs before reaching the limit.
Function > Form
M.Bonanni is offline   Reply With Quote