View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #50 (permalink)
TipsZ
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z CS M6
TipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Did you pick up anything from the pop chargers?

I did think of one (highly unlikely) possiblity of why my intake experiments didn't work: I suppose I might have been outflowing the MAF sensors. If the MAF hits (or even approaches) 5 volts, the ECU will go to 100% duty cycle and that will quench power in a hurry.

One piece of evidence supporting this hypothesis would be if aftermarket intakes tend to ues a wider than stock diameter tube.

The wider diameter will slow down airflow, giving the MAF a lower reading. This would also keep the sensors from hitting 5 volts if it would have done so using the OEM diameter.

Anyone know the inside diameter of their aftermarket intake?
Actually, Jordo I need to call Proven Power to give you permission. You will see my initial bone stock runs vs. the pop chargers. I actually made gains - between 3 to peak of 7 HP through out the curve. Note, however this was my first of any engine mods. Also, note that I did not have any heat soak period .. so in actuality my gains make sense.

Do you know off hand if my JWT Pop Chargers have a wider circumference compared to the stock tube?
Dynojet 285 HP/245 TQ (pre CBE)// Agency Power CBE // GTM Test Pipes // JWT Pop Chargers // B&M Short Shifter // Eibach Springs // Powder-coated Akebono's // Powder-coated Strut Bar // Black Chromed 19" Rays // // Redline Designs Graphics
TipsZ journal
TipsZ is offline   Reply With Quote