View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #166 (permalink)
koojo
Base Member

Drives: Infiniti G20
koojo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to koojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jginnane View Post
This was an extensive search -- I looked at about 400 dealerships using nissanusa.com, but the dealer I bought from actually had a wider access.

Using nissanusa.com, first "build" a Z. Then when you check dealer inventory, select a city you could fly to: Chicago, NY, Boston, Miami, etc. Then select "100 mile radius", and you can find all Z inventories at dealers in that area.

At the time I looked, there were persimmons in the 100-mile radius around Richmond, VA. Chicago had mostly blacks and greys. (Look in the warmer states for warmer colors. Beware of FL if the dealer's price isn't identical to that seen on nissanusa.com

A good dealer is going to find exactly what you want -- you'll have to pay freight, and probably buy the floor mats, etc. Or ... you can try dealing directly with the dealership that has the car you want, then you'll have to physically get there and drive it back. (If you use Robert's VPP procedure, you'll have to verify they'll work with you on that.)

I was prepared to travel at least as far as Dallas/FTW because the trip home would be a semi-vacation and chance to learn the car, but there was a good, aggressive Nissan dealer about 35 miles away who did most of the work for me.

Hope this helps! I strongly suspect that since you're getting Touring/Sport, they may try to get you into a Nav system, too. (Just make sure you're sure you don't want a G37 Coupe before you knock yourself out for the exact combo.)
Thanks man! I didn't even know Nissanusa.com had an inventory search option. I was mainly looking at cars.com and autotrader. I'll have to spend a couple hours looking on there now haha. I'm pretty set on pearl white 370z T+S. No nav. I want either black or persimmon seats.