View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 08:33 AM   #839 (permalink)
danielw
Base Member

Drives: 05 350Z
danielw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by toner123 View Post
Only reason why a time line was generated is because of the community constantly asking when is this going to be done. You guys are nit picking the little **** and giving to much concern over it. There are alot of stipulations here and it seems like alot of people have a hard time thinking logical. If this was just going to be a build and then push out the door mike would probably have his car back. But knowing mike he is letting them document everything and figure out what a kit would need to make this happen to every nut and bolt so maybe one day if you want to do this and ask for a price SAM will already have it laid out. There is more going on then what people on this forum know. Mike could have changed his mind on parts, sponsorships could have not gone through so parts had to be removed to somebody that is sponsoring. Mike could have told GTM to push it back and get caught up on other customers. Mike could have not had the funds to continue one week and had to wait till payday. I am not saying any of these are true but they are all factors including mike paying for some things. Remember he is coming out of pocket alot of this. To come in here complaining about time line, and magazine posting is so damn trivial. This is his car and he is willing to share it with us, he could have kept his mouth shut and you probably would have never known it existed, which i kind of wish he did because of all the remarks through out this whole thread.(I am talking about from day 1 till now). Not trying to be rude but just seems like others are posting comments about things and not knowing the full story, it's like were in a solid gold building and people are bitching because there is 1 flake of silver on the floor.
Frank

My whole point revolves around thinking logically. That's why as soon as he said it would be done in july over on my350z I said "subscribed for copmletion sometime next year". I'm no genius but I've seen enough of these builds that I know theres no way this is going to be done in 1-2 months or even 6 months at that. The shops put out these completion times so the owner doesn't get cold feet about being apart from their car for so long. Plain and simple. If I were in charge of giving the owner a timeline on this project I would've told him 8 months and hoped we could deliver. I see it over and over again.