View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 03:58 AM   #49 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TipsZ View Post
I will have to locate my chart from Proven Power as well. I did a baseline and another with the JWT pop chargers. However, in my next run I will have GTM resonated Test Pipes and the Agencey Power CBE. The only thing I am not sure about is whether I will need a Y pipe or not...... I have a message to the vendor I purchased the CBE from on Black Friday asking whether this is the case.
Did you pick up anything from the pop chargers?

I did think of one (highly unlikely) possiblity of why my intake experiments didn't work: I suppose I might have been outflowing the MAF sensors. If the MAF hits (or even approaches) 5 volts, the ECU will go to 100% duty cycle and that will quench power in a hurry.

One piece of evidence supporting this hypothesis would be if aftermarket intakes tend to ues a wider than stock diameter tube.

The wider diameter will slow down airflow, giving the MAF a lower reading. This would also keep the sensors from hitting 5 volts if it would have done so using the OEM diameter.

Anyone know the inside diameter of their aftermarket intake?

Last edited by Jordo!; 12-03-2010 at 04:07 AM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote