View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
bdl99
Base Member

Drives: Nissan GT-R 2011
bdl99 is a jewel in the roughbdl99 is a jewel in the roughbdl99 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
I'm in for the hardwired. Also for the permanent parking brake bypass (assuming that's what allows dvd playback while driving). And of course if it doesn't have any other adverse affect to the nav. That way, we would need one less button.
Either way I only intend using one switch based on feedback. The parking brake bypass allows you to watch a DVD with the parking brake off, but as soon as you go over 5mph you need the Nav/speed bypass to continue watching. So while it appears that there is no downside of a permanent parking brake bypass in reality you are probably always going to need to use it in conjunction with the Nav/Speed bypass. For that reason I think it might as well be on the same switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
On a side note.....are the cameras that we've installed water resistant? Was thinking about this when washing my car....should i try to avoid spraying a water hose on it?
This gave me a little laugh, not because it isn't a good question but because the first post in the please create a new thread is about the old thread But anyway to answer you question; it is waterproof so I wouldn't be too worried but wouldn't take it deep sea diving either.
bdl99 is offline   Reply With Quote