View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 04:56 PM   #37 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessobear View Post
So Jordan, now your car with have five Z's on the exterior. It's a Z-o-rama!

You can make fun of me when I convert the entire interior to red LED's.
I was going to reveal my ricetastic addition to the gang in OTNH after they were on the car, but yes this be it

Are you really doing all red inside? Now you need the sills too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_S View Post
They look really good

You are right, there are nubs on the front and rear of the 370Z under the badges.

One thing though, the badges from the 350Z are larger than those on the 370Z. As they are inset into both the front and rear of the car you will need to use extra tape or something to fill the gap and still have them securely stuck on.
Thanks! I think they'll look really good once mounted. I'm probably just going to use 3m trim adhesive and glue those suckers on there. I'll probably never take them off so if a little gridning and glue has to happen it'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
those light up, right?
Paul_S' do; mine won't. I just wanted them to be black on silver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TipsZ View Post
Jordo .. get some pics of them installed on the Z ... great work thus far! (FYI Im still interested in a set .. lol)
Thanks

Maybe what I'll do is offer to accept materials bought by indivudals and charge a fee to assemble it (there's a good bit of dremeling, hacksawing, glueing, and gentle adjusting that has to happen).

My only concern then is whether people will get persnickety over any minor flaws they find... (e.g., if there's a tiny bit of excess glue around the edge of the emblem, I don't want to have to deal with people that now want their money back).

Also, I either have to figure out a way to incorporate holes for the bumper nubs on the back of the emblem or people will have to be willing to grind them down so it lays flush... a lot of people won't want to deal with that.

I dunno, that said, gather up the materials and make me an offer I can't refuse and I'll probably do it

Last edited by Jordo!; 12-02-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote