Thread: Roadster
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
"A folding hardtop would have turned the 370Z into a boutique car. It would have added more weight and increased its price. I wanted to keep its intent pure, as an affordable sports car," he said. [/INDENT]
Also worth noting:
But because of structural reinforcements to the chassis, not to mention the hydraulic system that operates the top, the 370Z Roadster weighs nearly 200 lb. more than the coupe. Therefore, expect the car to be a step slower to 60 mph; we're predicting a time of 5.5 sec.

Also noteworthy is the 450+ weight penalty the New G37 Folding hardtop pays for this feature...

Personally I think the 370 Looks good. I could not stand the 350 Roadster...probably why my dealer begged me to buy one at $10K off...

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote