View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
ProfessorDave
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In the fairway
ProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
Professordave- I thought you had a maz3 for winter days?
Yeah, I could have taken the MZ3 out, but the Z sat all day yesterday and the forecast was for temps in the upper 30's today (warm enough for my Z!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_G View Post
Seriously? lets review..

the windows froze because it was cold.. this happens on alot of cars in cold weather
creaking noises because its cold... this happens on alot of cars in cold weather.
summer tires in cold weather are not as grippy.. this happens on alot of cars with summer tires in cold weather.
see a pattern here?
And for the issue with your gloves.. umm.. take them off?
Not trying to be an *** but these are common things.
Liquid G, I didn't take your comment to be an ***. I should explain a couple of things so I don't sound like a whiner:
The windows were completely frozen at 28 degrees to the point where the drop down feature wouldn't work. I noticed the first time I got the car that the windows go down dry and come up wet (TWSS...anyone?!?) after it rains, sometimes long after it rains. I posted about it and got affirmative replies from many other forum members. Gotta be moisture in the panel, causing the exceptionally powerful freeze.

The creaks were so loud I thought I lost my bumper. I pulled over to look (seriously). I've never experienced that before in ANY of the 15 cars I've owned since 1981.

You'll notice that I already had the tire issue addressed. Tirerack delivered my all seasons to my installer earlier this week

The audio controls on the steering wheel bugged me from day 1. I go for the volume more than any other function, so I always wished that control was easier to locate.

Anyway, none of this would make me want to get rid of the Z. Just biotching on a Thursday the feels like a Monday.

Rain, snow, sleet, hail: 2009 Mazda 3 sGT HB
Everything else: 2009 370z, PW Touring 6MT
ProfessorDave is offline   Reply With Quote