View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

I did this to my car before I got any aftermarket parts.

I ran it like this for right at one week. I did worry about fumes, heat, melting things, but I kept checking and everything looked fine..... I also made sure I was always moving.... and even shut it off at stop lights.

The sound is bad azz. It's way racier than my Stillen exhaust, but is about twice as loud (3db). I love the "cackle" when you come off the throttle for shifts or when when you use compression deceleration after downshifts.

If you chop up your rear muffler section and reuse the tips, you could have "custom" exhaust a system built for under $100.

The downsides: 1) It's too loud for everyday use and would be annoying on long drives or taking your boss to lunch. 2) you could easily get ticketed with that sound level if a cop saw you on the throttle. 3) It's still small diameter tubing and you're probably not ganing hp. 4) There's a lot of droning. This may be from exhaust pulses hitting the heat shield over the gas tank and may go away with exahust tips in the appropriate location.

PS. Batman, can you repost the original "muffler delete" video to youtube without the music or post that video to a different site so we can see the full length vid in all its glory?

Thanks,

Phim

Advice on exhaust?

Last edited by Phimosis; 06-02-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Phimosis is offline   Reply With Quote