Thread: Roadster
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 02:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Rans
Base Member

Drives: 1911 Hupmobile
Rans is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal 370Z View Post
It's a bit surprising that Nissan did not get with the times and create a retracting hardtop versus a ragtop. You don't own a convertible (at least in these price point automobile strata) for performance as they are laden with additional structural requirements. And if you've ever owned a ragtop, their maintenance is a royal PITA. High marks for the transition of the coupe to the topless styling, but huge demerits for old school, old maintenance ragtop. At the very, very least Nissan should, and hopefully will be offering a factory hardtop that can be hoisted to the roof of your garage during the summer months, but dropped into place during those off-season times.
I understand that the 2010 Roadster will only weigh about 110lbs more than the coupe. Thats amazing for a drop top. And I agree with the other poster who mentioned how much better soft tops are today than in the past. We have a 2001 VW Cabriolet bitch bucket that has never had anything more than a washing done to it over the past 9 years. I like the direction Nissan has taken, at least the soft top is stored away rather than sitting op top of the trunk edge like the VW.
Rans is offline   Reply With Quote