Thread: Regular Gas?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 02:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeatherman View Post
My dealer, I would imagine, used regular for its first tank as well. Think about a lot of dealers... It's all about the almighty dollar. Anyway, I noticed that my first tank of gas, running well within the break-in procedure, I only returned about 19.5-20.5 MPGs. I put in my Shell V-Power (and then made the "V" sign with my fingers to all the people who passed me. he he. JK. Their ad) my MPG's jumped to between 23.5-26.5. Initial few miles? Maybe, but I think it could've been the gas.
Agree. I asked my sales rep what kind of gas he put in the tank (I got Free full tank) and he assured me it was premium. I told him I have a device that I can use to check if it's premium or not (I was just bs'ing around) and if it's not premium, I'm bringing the Z back! His reply, " I swear, I put 93 premium!"... I was just joking anyway...

To the OP, you'll be fine. Just wait till the tank is half or 1/4, then fill it up with 93.
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote