View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 08:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
ProfessorDave
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In the fairway
ProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud of
Default Found some new things to complain about

So this was the first cold morning (temps in the 20's) that I drove the Z. I noticed the following, that I had not had the opportunity to notice before:

The windows freeze. Hard. Even the drop down function would not work until the car had been in the sun for awhile. I was afraid I'd shatter the window every time I closed the door.

There were so many creaks and rattles I thought there was a ghost in the car (I imagined it was Leslie Nielsen playing with his whoopie cushion). I mean A LOT of creaks and rattles. More than any other car I've driven.

When wearing gloves, my attempts to turn up the volume using the steering mounted controls (to drown out the noise Mr. Nielsen's ghost was making), I activated the phone controls. Several times. Why didn't Nissan make the track advance button the volume control?!?

Not surprisingly, the summer tires acted like ice skates (this problem will be solved - Hankook Ventus performance all-seasons going on tomorrow for the winter )

Anyone else have issues come up when the cold weather hits? (and if you guys in AZ, SoCal, TX, FL etc. tell me it never gets cold there I'm going to have a nervous breakdown!)

Rain, snow, sleet, hail: 2009 Mazda 3 sGT HB
Everything else: 2009 370z, PW Touring 6MT
ProfessorDave is offline   Reply With Quote