View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
RiCharlie
Track Member

Drives: 370 Touring Spt A/t
RiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really nice
Default market bs or really better

I was in chemical sales for a while and I know that product X can be sold under different names for supposedly different applications and that if you buy some specially product you will pay a lot more for the same thing.

With that in mind I am wondering about these high priced swirl removers and polishes and asking if they are really any better than the Turtle wax brand which is a lot cheaper. and for all I know may be the same exact thing.
I was thinking of cleaning up my car but adding all the polishing compounds they want you to buy and the stuff they sell you to spray on as you clay and so on .. the price begins to add up..and, for example, this clay lubricant may be no better than ordinary soap and water but they want something like $15 for a small bottle.

So my question is this.. I want quality but not a rip off and was wondering what the group thinks of Turtle wax products. I am sure they get a big discount on the chemicals they use in formulating their products and so they may be just as good for a lot less..or are they?
Thoughts? Anyone
RiCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote