View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #476 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiCharlie View Post
Question for you.. what are the three steps of buffing/ I was thinking that I should use just two.. the very light swirl remover followed by the polish.. do you think i should start with a medium grade swirl remover? is that the third step? or is it adding a glaze?
Also maybe you or someone else could answer this; I saw some $16 car soap and some $7 car soap... now isnt soap the same and what is wrong with using the cheap stuff? I wonder if that expensive soap is just a marketing gimmick or is there really some reason why its worth the extra money.
You can stick with a 2 step polish, that's typical. Usually a good cutting polish/compound on an aggressive pad (orange), then follow up with a light polish on a much less aggressive pad (gray). I continue on with a jewelling stage, a much finer polish on a much finer pad (blue)... then proceed to do an acrylic glaze on top of that. So pretty much 4 steps. Then sealed with 2 coats of a sealant, then topped with the beauty nuba...

As far as soap... I guess soap is soap, but all my detailing products are not OTC, and available on specialty detailing sites. Just don't use dawn unless you're stripping LSP's!
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra
FromG2Z is offline   Reply With Quote