Thread: Gas Pedal Delay
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 12:47 PM   #406 (permalink)
SeeyaBud86
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 PW 370z 6MT
SeeyaBud86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
hasnt happened to me except for the one time i got the oil temp past 230. i wonder if we compare vins, if there is a certain stretch that has the issue?
6spd -

I have read some of the things that you have experienced, and I live in South Florida as well. My oil temp is usually always between 210-220. I believe it takes some power away from the car because its so hot here. I believe Mike (the powdercoater), had an issue similar to this (losing power) and he ended up finding out that it was a problem with his brake indicator being on, so the ECU though the brake pedal was being depressed.

For example:
I was at a stoplight one time and there was an Audi TTS behind me. When the light turned green I let off the clutch like normal and then hit the gas. Started shifting through the gears but since it was so hot outside and my palms were sweaty, I ended up missing 3rd gear because my hand slipped (my shift knob is CF and it can get slippery when its really hot). But I quickly put it in 3rd gear, and I as did that the TTS got in the middle lane on my right, and he actually started pulling on me(We were right next to each other but he was slowly creeping forward). I know I missed a gear, but in the higher speeds that car should not be able to keep up with the Z. Afterwards I looked at my oil temps and they were around 220-230. So I've alwasy felt like the car was kind of "holding back" ever since I've had it. Maybe like Mike, its a brake ECU issue?? I want to find out but I don't want to ask Nissan lol. They might tell me my warranty will be void.
SeeyaBud86 is offline   Reply With Quote