View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 06:54 AM   #315 (permalink)
bdl99
Base Member

Drives: Nissan GT-R 2011
bdl99 is a jewel in the roughbdl99 is a jewel in the roughbdl99 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
I know the NAV bypass allows you to enter destinations while driving...is the NAV bypass also what allows you to play dvds while driving? Or is that something else? If so, than a 3rd button would be required.
On the 2010 at least I have a very strong feeling that the DVD bypass (ability to see DVD while driving) will need both the speed sensor (commonly referred to as Nav bypass) and the Parking Brake sensor bypass to be in effect.

Therefore the idea for those wanting a hard/physical switch would be a Dual Pole (or maybe tripple pole) On-Off-On switch like this
Full Size Rocker Switches - 1/4'' Tabs
see 7700044 example.

Dual pole On-Off-On switch solution:
The parking brake bypass would be permanent (not sure I like this idea though. Although there appears to be no downside I wonder if it might through an error at the dealer)
Switch in the off position would do nothing
Switch in the up position would use one pole of the switch to bypass speed sensor
Switch in the down position would activate the reversing camera using the second pole of the switch.

Triple pole On-Off-On switch solution (assuming we could find an appropriate switch):
Switch in the off position would do nothing
Switch in the up position would use one pole of the switch to bypass speed sensor and another pole to bypass parking brake sensor
Switch in the down position would activate the reversing camera using the second pole of the switch.
bdl99 is offline   Reply With Quote