View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 12:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw this post from a california dealer on the corvette forum, having a sale on ZR1s. This was at the bottom:

Out Of State Buyers pay no fees. If you would like to fly in and drive the car home, you will have to pay 9.25% California sales tax. You can have the car shipped from our dealership to your state and you won't have to pay the 9.25% California sales tax. You will be responsible for shipping, registering, and paying the sales tax in your own state

I seem to recall that when I was in the military and lived in CA but was a florida resident, anytime I bought a car, I paid CA sales tax, and then FL would waive the difference between the two when registering, but it was always zero because CA taxes are higher then FL.