View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 10:33 PM   #473 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiCharlie View Post
I bought mine about the same time and already I managed to put swirls in the finish and smuge one area.. I need to do the entire bit with the polishing and swirl removal.. any one have any idea as to how long that will take?
For a proper 3 step paint correction, you're looking at about 10 hours... This includes washing, claying, 3 steps of buffing, plus application of LSP. This is just exterior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiCharlie View Post
FYI the reason no pic can do a white pearl justice is because it has very high dynamic range.. very bright in some areas and very dark in others ( tires) and there are very subtle variations in the finish picked up in bright sunlight that just cant be reproduced on a monitor and certainly not on photopaper..
I went to buy a Z and said that of all the colors I only would refuse white because to me it was boring....then I saw it and think none other can compare! Gets my attention without shouting and its attractive in a very sophisticated, refined way! YA!!
I agree with you. Your pic in your avatar (also in this specific thread) is what helped me to get the white color. The contrast with the leaves in the background was just phenomenal. So thanks to you, I now own a PW!!!!
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra
FromG2Z is offline   Reply With Quote