View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 09:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Nitrouz
Track Member

Drives: 40th Z, GTR, 420z-tt
Nitrouz has a spectacular aura aboutNitrouz has a spectacular aura aboutNitrouz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
I've daily driven my 370Z every single day for the last 21 months. The car has been a blast, but 21 months with the girl has shown me all of her qualities (good and bad). The road noise was initially a minor annoyance that was easily overlooked given the 'raw' factor of the Z. As a DD, it's bothering me more and more. I'd like to sound dampen things with some dynamat, but I'm worried about unmasking other noises that haven't bothered me yet due to the monotony of the road noise. For example, the high pitch whine from the ECM may be much more audible if I can't hear the tire hum.

If it weren't for the road noise and ECM whine, I think I'd still be very content. Or maybe I'm just Debbie Downer since the track season is over and I just put the winter tires on the car .

I will say that the MT makes the car. I'd be yawning if I bought the automatic.
I'm absolutely getting a 370z in 6MT. No auto for me.

You'd be surprised how much louder a GTR is than a 370z...road noise, tranny noise, suspension noise, etc. The suspension is A LOT harsher than the stock 370z suspension...
Nitrouz is offline   Reply With Quote