View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #592 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
Well, I had my first go at a track today. This oil cooler issue may be moot when street driving in most cases, but it's a real issue with anything on the track. I had to keep backing off as the temp hit 260 to protect the engine as the car is my daily driver.

I did some hotlaps in another 370 driven by a professional, and he essentially said that Nissan $hit the bed by leaving out the oil cooler. One definitely belongs in the car.

On the flip side, the 370Z is a dream on the track. I had a blast with mine, and the laps with the pro were eye openers with showing just what this car can do. My buddy almost puked after two laps with him!
Chris, that's awesome you got it to the track... I know what you mean about the difference between us mere mortals driving, then getting in the passenger seat and letting a pro drive... I had that same experience when I brought my wife's ISF to the Bondurant School... if my wife only knew what we did to the car that day ! In any event, please post a track day thread if you have time ! thanks
2009 370Z #104
*For Sale*