View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 10:21 PM   #588 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Spoke with consumer affairs today with no result basically they said the issue is with the engineers, asked about warranty if dealer installed nissan motorsport cooler would the warranty be intact, I really did not get a solid answer and no they will not put that in writing it would be a case by case basis. So sounds like we are in a wait and see mode to see what comes out in the future or go with an aftermarket solution and take our chances. Outside temps around 94 oil temps 240 to 260 range.
Same here, in plus 90 degree heat, I can hit 260..... and that's without redline, I usually never exceed 5500 RPM. I noticed the previous poster in his dessert run never passed 240. I think steady highway driving at 80 to 85, even in a pulling uphill situation, doesn't send the temps rocketing like up and down shifting through the gears, in-town driving........ at least that is my experience. Steady state freeway driving seems to force enough air through, even in 90+ temps, that I don't exceed 230......... get off the freeway and spirited drining in-town ................... hello 260.

John