View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 06:40 PM   #1150 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

Question on brakes for AP Chris or anyone else...

What is your experience with the effectiveness of brake pads as they wear / heat cycle? have you seen any data on the capacity of pads to deal with heat build up and how that changes over the life of the pad?

Another theory on why I may have experienced more 'ice mode' this weekend... I changed my suspension setup... dropped the front down by 0.5 inch... that typically results in more oversteer in trail braking and changes the braking balance front/rear... possible the back end picked up just a bit under braking and caused ice mode... just a thought, nothing to substantiate

Things I need to fix for braking:

1. less aggressive pads in back
2. lower back of car 0.25 inch, raise front 0.25 inch
3. add some stiffer mounts for rear diff... I suspect it is moving under braking and creating momentum / lifting rear - just a theory
4. add ABS kill switch/toggle
2009 370Z #104
*For Sale*

Last edited by travisjb; 11-29-2010 at 06:45 PM.
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote