Thread: $3,000 = 50hp
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 12:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

First of all, it's not a gauranteed gain of 50 whp, because those numbers are all based on power added to whatever you measured as your starting point, and all of that will vary from dyno to dyno (and also vary by what correction factor is used) -- it's really a gain of x%.

Going with dynojet #'s, I'd say the average Z puts down about 275 whp (AT and MT) and maxes out around 300+ to 305+ whp. That's a gain of about 10% to 12%.

That is a substantial bump in power and torque, but no it isn't going make your car as fast as something like FI will (a typical gain being around 25% to 30% or more in power!).

As to costs, you can always buy stuff used or scour ebay to save money.

I've bumped my car up by about 10% from baseline and have spent under a grand.

Best bang for the buck mods: K&N panel filters (seriously) and either test pipes (cheaper) or high flow cats (more costly).

Last edited by Jordo!; 11-29-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote