View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 06:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
crash1369
Enthusiast Member

Drives: C300 - 6spd
crash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Windows Frozen?!?

Any suggestions? My windows were frozen shut again this morning, which of course means you have to pry the door open in order to get into the car because the window can't come down like it normally does. And then of course you can't close the door because the window is still up and will hit the roof, after a few minutes with the heat on it's fine but I'm sure that can't be good for roof, windows, etc. Do you guys have any suggestions to prevent the windows from freezing? I try not to just buy any can of spray on magic cure-all they sell in the store with out looking into it first but it seems some deicer is probably my best bet? Is there any downside or reason I shouldn't use it, or limit it to emergency's, etc? Could it corrode the seals or hurt the paint or anything like that?

Otherwise I guess my plan is to pick up a few cans and spay it on the bottom edge of the window and work it into the seal so hopefully it won't freeze in the first place and I won't need to spay it every morning to get into the damn car.
"At no point during your rambling, incoherent response did you ever come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul."
crash1369 is offline   Reply With Quote